On October 5, Barbara sent you an email about in-person absentee voting, but did you know that you can also vote absentee by mail?
There are more than a dozen reasons why you can vote absentee including if you'll be out of town or if you will be working 11 out of the 13 hours that the polls will be open. To see all of the reasons you can vote absentee, click here.
To vote absentee by mail, follow these simple steps:
- Download and complete the Absentee Ballot Application form. The form can be downloaded online by clicking here.
- Submit a completed Absentee Ballot Application form to your local registrar by mail, fax, or scanned attachment to an email. Click here to look up the contact information for your local registrar.
Important Deadlines for Absentee Ballots by MAIL:
- Your application for a mailed absentee ballot must be received before Tuesday, Oct. 31, at 5 p.m.
- Your marked ballot must be returned to your local registrar by Tuesday, Nov. 7, by 7 p.m.
- When you return your ballot by mail, please allow at least 7 days for the post office to accommodate delivery.
More information is available online at vote.virginia.gov.
As you know, this is a critical election and having a plan to vote by one of the following methods: in-person absentee, absentee by mail, or in-person on election day, will ensure your voice is heard. Take action today and keep Virginia moving forward.
Chief of Staff